Today is the first day of September. I don’t know how I feel but its been six months that we are under community quarantine here in my country because of the virus Covid-19. I am learning to really live in this new normal; with all the restriction and caution implemented.
I don’t want to be bored and just let the month pass by without having something fun and worthwhile to do. So, I will try to start a 30-day writing challenge this month. I have this blog but honestly, I don’t post everyday, but I will push myself and try it this month. This challenge was taken from pinterest and I am excited to engage myself in it.
For day 1 I need to list 10 things that make you really happy.
Its a lovely life isn’t it if you always fill your life with gratitude and joy that brings happiness? So, let’s start with these simple things that makes me happy.😊
1. A time for “me time”, this part of the day where I can just pause and sip hot, milky and sweet drinks. It can be, coffee, tea or chocolate. I love to do it early in the morning or after a day full of work. It’s a good good thing for me!
2. Changing bed sheets and curtains. I don’t always do this everyday but at least once a month. It excites me to change beds and curtains, it just feels so good to sleep after that. Who wouldn’t want a good sleep; a happy sleep with new sheets on bed right?
3. Preparing my dish. The way I cook my food is unique, I’m kind of more on experimenting flavors, but I’m happy with its taste. And when I prepare them on the table even with just simple plate and bowls, the presentation makes me eat happily. Happy tummy, happy body! 🙂
4. Buying books. I usually buy on “book sales” or second hand bookstores. I love collecting books, inspirational books to be specific. Even if I don’t read it yet, just the experience that I have the book I wanted brings me joy! 😍
5. Selah time. You know “Selah” in the Bible means pause. So, this stopping moment in my life where I just sit quietly and stare at the sky, or look at the moon or watch sunset or sunrise makes me refresh and I feel good after. I feel energized and happy.
6. Planting/Gardening. Cactus, succulents or any leafy plants makes my heart flutter. I don’t know if I’m a green thumb person but I think I got this love for plants from my mama. I remember when I was high school I think, I ended up landscaping the side of our house and filling it with plants and they live till now. I really love green things so this planting hobby makes me satisfied.🌼
7. Travelling. This motivates my life. seeing different places, emerging in their culture, its a relaxation and a treasure money can’t buy. I think I don’t need to emphasize this more because I believe you will agree with me that taking a trip makes you happy. 😄
8. Mountain climbing. Same as travelling, conquering heights gives that feeling of achievement where I can say I push myself and reach the top. It’s a cloud nine thing!
9. Time with family and friends. One of my love language is quality time. This is so valuable and really makes me happy. Just spending a cup of coffee with my loved ones, watching TV, or just the mundane thing with talks and laughter matters most. Love is spelled time right? So, this delights my heart indeed!
10. Talking, spending time with God. This weight the most! Not only brings me happiness but real and just authentic joy. Praying, reading His word and journaling cannot replace all the list I wrote here. If I don’t have Jesus with me, travelling, planting, hiking all of that will not satisfy me. My happiness is found in Jesus alone. You know the feeling where you pray and read your Bible and end up ecstatic? Irreplaceable! If I have this time all the nine are a bonus in between.